Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tussentoetsen

I love the way that word sounds :-P It just means midterms, though in the case of our language class it's not used in grading. Just assessment, so we know what to work on. I passed mine with flying colors. Woohoo! Now we have another test today, just one week later. Today is writing, and Monday is speaking. I'm pretty sure it's just another progress test (our schedule is a bit weird because we started later that the other classes), but there's no final test on the schedule anywhere.

I made it to class yesterday, but skipped Thursday, Monday, and Tuesday. Pretty sure I have pericarditis again. Ick. Sometimes when I get a virus, it gets into my joints and pericardium (sac around the heart) and everything gets inflamed. In the joints it mostly just hurts like hell, but in the pericardium it causes extreme physical exhaustion. Like, I get out of breath if I stand up. Seriously. I've stocked up on Aleve and taking a big dose for a week or so, which seems to be helping a bit now - it's supposed to remove excess fluids. But my jaw really hurts on one side and is getting worse, so going to try to go to the doc tomorrow. Need to get signed up with the local clinic first :-P

Just 2 weeks of class left! Can't believe how fast it's gone, and how fast we're learning. Sometimes my head wants to explode, but things seem to be sticking pretty well so far. My book for the next level arrived. I leafed through it, then showed the author names to my fiance: "Are these girl names?" He said they were, and asked me why. Well, the primary color in the book, other than black type, is pink. Ugh :-P It seems like a good book though. No word lists, but it has a compilation of grammar tables in the back, which is something I wish our current book had too.

No comments:

Post a Comment