Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cards!

On Thursday I recieved my bank card, OV card, and letter to get my residence card in the mail. w00t! I'm feeling extra Dutch now. The OV card is for public transport. I'll start using it Monday when Dutch classes start. The residence card is quite cool, and I can use that instead of my passport as ID. Which is nice, because ID is required if police ask for it, and passports are just a bit too clunky.

I also got my book for class on Friday. I leafed through it and could understand most of it. Fortunately it looks like a practical approach of using Dutch versus memorizing rules and such.

Now that I have my resident card we can get a refund for the cost of the language class. We emailed my inburgerer to let her know we're ready for another appointment. Still have trouble believing there's free, quality, Dutch language classes :-P Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment